One down and two (or more) to go!! It’s holiday time and there are lots of family dinners and business events on the horizon. I forgot about the holiday shopping!! I don’t know how I could’ve done that!! :) As you already, this is the time of year where there will be lots on your plate and little time to take care of things AND take care of yourself. In the past I used to just forget about myself until the new year, but that is no longer the case. Now I make sure I up my consumption of foods containing a certain vitamin (or vitamins). B vitamins!
Why are B vitamins so important?? They play several roles in our bodies:
- Maintain healthy skin and muscle tone
- Promote cell growth and division
- Enhance immune and nervous system function
- Ease stress
- Improve Mood
- Support and increase metabolism rate
- Improve memory
- Reduce PMS symptoms
Quite a lot right?? B vitamins are essential for us to feel good and be healthy and fit, physically and mentally. I can feel when my B vitamins are getting low - I feel tired, moody, stressed and anxious, my skin begins to look dull - and then when I go over what I’ve been (or not been) eating, I see where I’ve gone wrong.
In addition to my upping my consumption of dark leafy greens, organic grains like quinoa and amaranth and organic protein sources, here are my 2 favorite ways to get my B-in:
- Maca - a root native to the Andes in South America; it is a powerful adaptogen and hormone regulator, rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins. The benefits of consuming Maca cover a lot of ground - it improves anemia, chronic fatigue, depression, thyroid conditions, menstrual discomfort and disorders, memory and can even help with fertility and stress! Start with 1 tsp in your smoothie, oatmeal, chia pudding or organic greek yogurt and build up to 1 tbsp over the course of a month. Then go for 2 tbsp a day over the next month.
- Raw Honey/Bee Pollen/Propolis/Royal Jelly - known collectively as 'bee products' are one of nature's most complete foods. Honey, in its raw, wild, unfiltered state, is rich in minerals, probiotics, enzymes and antioxidants. Use raw honey in your smoothies, oatmeal and puddings and add to your hot beverages once they are cool enough to drink to enjoy its full benefits. Bee Pollen is rich in vitamin B9, has all 22 essential amino acids and is an energy rich source of protein. If you work out and need a good, clean source of protein - bee pollen is approximately 25% protein and is easy to assimilate. Look for fresh bee pollen or bee pollen that has been dried at less than 96 degrees (the hive's natural temperature). Add 1 tbsp to your smoothies or chia pudding. Propolis has antibacterial properties and support a healthy immune system. Propolis can be used in extract form and added to your tea or water. Royal Jelly is a known rejuvenator and is rich in amino acids, vitamin B5, other B vitamins and a variety of minerals. It has a stimulating effect without the negative effects that caffeine has on the body and has been known to enhance our ability to think clearly. It isn't the tastiest bee product (well, at least it isn't for me) but I choose to eat a 1/2 tsp raw and straight out of the jar! You can add 1/2 tsp to your smoothie or overnight oatmeal. Adding raw honey or any of these bee foods benefit your body by giving it plenty of B vitamins (and other vitamins and minerals) and antioxidants to build up our stress-defenses and reducing the production of histamines thereby neutralizing many allergies.
These are my 2 ‘secrets’ to feeling great and maintaining my ‘youthful’ skin!! I have noticed that the more consistent I am with my nutrition the healthier my body feels! So I drink 2-3 Purium Power Shakes (with plenty of organic greens and spirulina) a day, take my Virgin Raw Bee Panacea and make sure I eat a good amount of organic fruits and veggies and choose quality sources of protein. Start adding one or both of these to your routine and enjoy their many benefits! Enjoy in good health! xxA
If you found this post helpful, feel free to share it with your friends and share your progress too! & if you’re up for it - schedule a Self-discovery Session with me at https://www.timetrade.com/book/B6X4N